Here are some updates. We are collecting paperwork for our home visit the weekend of October 17th. That's when the social worker comes to our house to visit and look around. After that, she says it will take her a week to write the report and we are then free to be matched with a birthmom.
Updates:
1. Assembled the crib and made it up with the cribbing set that Zoey used. You will probably hear about Zoey lots since Joslyne and Demetri passed on her baby stuff just before they moved to MA. It is so, so, special to me that our child will get to use the things that Zoey used. Here's a couple of pictures of the assembled crib*:
2. We've been filling in the gaps in our paperwork. We got our background check report from our local police. Christopher finished his medical stuff. Our folder of paperwork to give the social worker on our home visit day is getting thicker.
3. New carbon monoxide detectors have been purchased.
4. Although neither of us have started it, we also have to write a two page autobiography. By two page, I mean a minimum of two pages. We have eleven different topics we need to address therein. Childhood, School Experiences, Post High School, Employment, Courtship, Personality, Your Spouse, Extended Family, Spiritual/Religious, Children, Adoption. I'm looking forward to writing this and taking the time to reflect on all that. It is unlikely that I would have written something like that if I had gotten** pregnant, so yet again, the adoption experience is bringing great new things to my life.
I will savor this opportunity for reflection and expression because I fully know that all that changes the moment a baby enters our home. :)
*The whole bumper assembly looks cute there now, but I have to read up on the safety of bumpers and what the latest findings are. I am open to suggestions and thoughts on this. I'm not sure if Joslyne used it or not.
**Okay, i happen to be a little self-conscious that I know a lot of English teachers (and otherwise smart, spiffy writers) and my grammar may not be perfect. That "gotten" word is one I'm not sure about in terms of grammar. I noticed in a book that I'm listening to (Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro) that the British appear to say "have got". Is "gotten" proper grammar? I would welcome a correction if anyone reading knows... :)


Loved reading this post, as always!
ReplyDeleteThe room looks AWESOME!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAbout the bumpers -- we did not use it -- it's a suffocation hazard. I don't remember even giving you the bumpers. I am so sorry!