Sunday, October 24, 2010

Home Visit Went Well

Well, our home visit was yesterday and it went fine.  We mostly sat at our kitchen table and chatted.  She asked us questions about our parenting style, like how we plan to discipline.  And she asked who was going to take care of our children should we both pass away.  We had not reached a conclusion to either of those questions before she asked, but it was good that she got us thinking about those things.  She asked about our plans for childcare.  And then she walked around our house and checked stuff off her list.  And theeeeen..... nothing.  She said thank you and we said thank you and then she left.

I know I shouldn't have expected any new information, but it is hard to be this prepared to get the ball rolling and now we have to hurry up and wait.  First she writes the report.  Then we hope the phone rings with a match.

And life feels somewhat like it's on hold.  For instance, we have to decide whether we can buy plane tickets to go to RI for Christmas this year or will we get called with a match in the meantime. But I know everything will work out.  If we make plans and have to modify based on getting a new baby I'm sure people will understand.   :)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're well on your way! Hard to imagine all the changes ahead:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad it went well!!!! The home study is a big hurdle to get over and you are almost there!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We remember the strange feeling of not really being told much after our home visits, too. Glad this important step is behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!! One more thing checked off the list. I bet the social worker was very impressed with you two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is now officially out of your control. You've done everything you could do. Now you wait--for your child to find you and you to find him (or her). Edgar sings this little song, "I found you. You found me. Then we became a family." And you will!

    ReplyDelete