We will assemble it one day soon.
And yesterday, we had a meeting with our homestudy social worker. She asked us to meet us at a Panera Bread in Mt. Juliet which is about 40 miles from where we live. We met with her for about two hours just talking about adoption and different situations that we know about. We got a bunch more paperwork to fill out and we scheduled our home visit to happen the third weekend in October.
At one point, Christopher got up to go to the bathroom, and on his way back, he ran into the woman who sold us the crib. What a coincidence! If you know the greater Nashville area then you know that this chance meeting is highly unlikely. Anyway, I went over to say hello to her. It ended up being very special that I got to meet the last Mom who used the crib. Until that happened I didn't know it would be so meaningful to me. But it is one of the many special little things that enhance this experience.
That is hilarious about meeting the mom who sold the crib! I love it. We got our crib mattress at Babies 'r' Us for a great price. A good crib mattress pad is more important than which actual mattress you get, I hear.
ReplyDeleteCoincidentally, as I type this, Charlotte is asking me to read "A Mother for Choco", which is a terrific kids' book about adoption!
Very helpful hints, Niki! Thank you so much. I will check both Babies'r' Us and "A Mother for Choco". :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a coincidence! I love special little things like that :)
ReplyDeleteBtw, I'd recommend an organic baby mattress to go with your nice new crib.
Kelly, do you have a suggestion on a particular mattress?
ReplyDeleteHey, Kate -
ReplyDeleteI saw you recently joined our blog. COOL! Thanks for reading what we write about our life since Julia - well, during pregnancy, too! We have lots of info about eco-friendly/green living with a baby.
We got an organic crib mattress like Kelly suggests & we've been really pleased. Might seem pricey, but we saved on other things like you already did with a previously used crib (great get!). Here is the link - it's a mini crib so a smaller mattress, but they have others I'm sure.
http://www.babyearth.com/naturepedic-mattress-naturpedic-organic-cotton-mini-crib-mattress.html
Good luck on the adoption process - so exciting!
Love, Tara, Jai & Julia
Thanks Tara! We so appreciate all that you have shared on your blog and have already used it as a resource. Like you guys (and some of my other blogging friends), we care about living eco-friendly and truly appreciate learning from your experience. Thank you!!!
ReplyDelete