Monday, November 1, 2010

Update on Home study and the First Call to the Pediatrician

Today I got an email from our home study social worker that she has all our paperwork and will work on our home study report this week.  That means we have at least another week before we can receive matches.

In the meantime, I have called a local pediatrician (thanks for the recommendation Niki!) and asked if they can meet with us to help guide us on the medical aspects of our adoption.  Also, Christopher has a good friend named Sarah who is a pediatrician who says she's willing to help advise us too.  We are lucky that we have friends we can turn to as we try to make our way into the dark abyss of parental decision making.

Oh, and I finished this book by Scott Simon and I highly recommend it as a sweet book on adoption.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you like the practice! We have had a great experience, as has my buddy, Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pediatrician-shopping is kind of like dating. When it's right, you know it. You're smart to pick one now, instead of wondering who to call at 2AM, when all fevers seem to spike:)

    Look at you, with a support system all in place. Such a good mommy already.....

    ReplyDelete