Saturday, April 23, 2011

Detour...

It has been quite a while since I last posted.  Our adoption journey got so frustrating that I felt deflated and without energy.  I didn't purposely stop writing entires for this blog, but it just sort of happened due to the overall yucky feelings I would get when I sat down to think and write about our adoption progress.  We needed to re-group, and re-group we did.

As many of you know, we had done IVF in January of 2010, got pregnant and had a miscarriage at seven weeks.  The original plan for Christopher and I was to have a family of three children- one or two biological and the others adopted.  But alas, planning a family does not always work out as originally intended.  Late last year, after we mourned our miscarriage a bit, we went full guns on adoption (as you know from this blog), but got quite frustrated quite quickly.  We did not give up on adoption.  We just needed a break.  And then we had a detour.  In February 2011 we decided to try IVF again, since I am not getting any younger, and this time it looks like we've had success.  I am 12 weeks pregnant and things seem to be going well.  I am due on November 3, 2011. Christopher was hesitant to get excited before the 12 week doctor visit, but as we walked out of that appointment last Thursday, he stated that he is now officially excited.

I know that being pregnant means we will need a new home-study since ours represents a couple with no children.  I don't know if some time has to pass after the birth of a child before we can be approved to adopt, but I will learn all that in the upcoming months.

In the meantime, I am just getting over most of my morning sickness and starting to wonder if my belly protrusion is me showing, or some bloating from all the changes to my body, or the weight that I gained since last January (20 pounds since then... yikes!).  But in any event, it looks like there will be a baby with us soon after all.  And we are thrilled.

Here is the ultrasound of the baby at 12 weeks 0 days.  I'm not sure he/she looks all that comfortable, but that's the angle the technician caught. :)

5 comments:

  1. So so happy! We can't wait to meet the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate!!!!!! That's amazing, fabulous news! I am so happy for you both. Your journey to parenthood is just around the corner now. Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, WOW!! What wonderful news, and what a lucky baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful! It's going to be so fun following your journey through both adoption AND a pregnancy. I think the baby looks nice and comfy -- cradled in a very loving belly with no worries about gravity yet. ; )

    CURSES! Why did I give my maternity clothes away??? If you need any input on places to shop, let me know!!

    ReplyDelete